International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

WFC: Cont-alt-, doesn't work
Thread poster: Mark Hamlen

Mark Hamlen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:08
French to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2014

All of a sudden the command to show the differences between a fuzzy match and the current text refuses to work. And I don't know any other command for it: Control-Alt-(COMMA). Nothing at all happens. Any idea why? Is there another command for this?

Flavio Granados  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 11:08
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
maybe Jan 18, 2014

you saved the wordfast.dot. You must uninstall wf and install it again.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:08
Finnish to French
Display TM = Ctrl+Alt+M Jan 18, 2014

Unless you have reassigned the default shortcuts, the function you need (Display TM) is Ctrl+Alt+M. If the shortcut doesn't work, you can use the corresponding icon on the toolbar:

01.18.2014-22.18.png

Ctrl+Alt+comma isn't assigned to anything by default in Wordfast. Maybe you're confusing it with Ctrl+comma, which is Show All?

Finnish to French
Saving changes to wordfast.dot Jan 18, 2014

Flavio Granados wrote:
you saved the wordfast.dot. You must uninstall wf and install it again.

Saving changes to wordfast.dot can have undesired consequences: in version 6.03t, it will cause your copy of Wordfast to switch to demo mode, even if you have a valid license. Details can be found in this wiki article.

However, it shouldn't normally affect keyboard shortcuts.

Mark Hamlen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:08
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I meant Cont+Alt+M Jan 19, 2014

I found it, another programme had hijacked it. (And I forgot it was M, because I use a physical French keyboard set as English and the comma is in the place of M.... my confusion)

Another question for Dominque, do we have access to setting hot keys? If so, where?

Finnish to French
UI tab Jan 19, 2014

Mark Hamlen wrote:
Another question for Dominque, do we have access to setting hot keys? If so, where?

That would be the UI tab (for User Interface):

2014-01-19_1846.png

... if you are using a version that is recent enough.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC: Cont-alt-, doesn't work

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search