Cannot clean a txml file
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 15:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2014

I cannot clean a txml file that I translated with WF Pro 3.2.2. Originally it was a segmented ttx file, which I saved as txml. But after finishing translation I cannot clean it up. What should I do? Thanks for your help. Regards, AT

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:00
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Error message Jan 18, 2014

What error message do you get?

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Clean clean Jan 18, 2014

You cannot "clean clean" a ttx file into its original doc (or whatever it was) within WFP.

If you (manage to) open a ttx in WFP as txml, ttx is considered the source document. So when you use "save translated file" it will save as a ttx file again.

Question: who wants the clean output? Normally, if you get a ttx from a client without the source file, you cannot create a clean output in TagEditor either.

Basically, translation software can only create a clean output file if you have the original source file.

Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 13:00
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
Agency is reponsible Jan 19, 2014

I get txml files and after translating , return it to them. Soon after I get the clean file.
Then based on this doc appearance/spacing/typos, I correct the txml and send back.
The agency may be holding back the source for various reasons.
It is not for us to reason why, but for us to do and return ( paraphrasing Tennyson) and let the agency do the rest.

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 15:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 28, 2014

Thank to all of your replies. It were of great help. Regards, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot clean a txml file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search