What are the advantages of Wordfast Pro are vs Wordfast?
Thread poster: Laurent Fel

Laurent Fel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:48
English to French
+ ...
Jan 30, 2014

Evening everyone

Could someone tell me what the advantages of Wordfast Pro are vs Wordfast? What are the additional benefits?
Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
might be useful Jan 30, 2014

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Comparison_of_Wordfast_products

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Basic for me Jan 31, 2014

I use and like WF Basic. It is reasonably affordable can be used offline, which is a big plus for me, as my wifi connection sometimes crashes. I tried out WF Pro, which has more features, and found I didn't like its interface so much, so I went back to WF Basic.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try this search Jan 31, 2014

Laurent Fel wrote:
Could someone tell me what the advantages of Wordfast Pro are vs Wordfast Classic?

Try these search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:proz.com/forum/%20+"wfp"%20+"wfc"

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
Finnish to French
"Basic" = Classic Jan 31, 2014

neilmac wrote:
I use and like WF Basic. It is reasonably affordable can be used offline, which is a big plus for me, as my wifi connection sometimes crashes. I tried out WF Pro, which has more features, and found I didn't like its interface so much, so I went back to WF Basic.

The official name for the product you call (perhaps tongue in cheek?) Wordfast "Basic" is Wordfast Classic

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
Finnish to French
Pro vs. Classic Jan 31, 2014

Laurent Fel wrote:
Could someone tell me what the advantages of Wordfast Pro are vs Wordfast? What are the additional benefits?

Classic and Pro are sold for the same price. If Pro were a superset of Classic, no one would buy Classic (or only crazy people, masochists etc.). However, there are people buying both (either separately or together), so they must see benefits in Classic too.

Since you are French, the Classic vs. Pro debate is a bit like the querelle des Anciens et des Modernes...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are the advantages of Wordfast Pro are vs Wordfast?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search