Is there a speech-to-text program that works with WordFast? If so, seeking recommendations...
Thread poster: Lesley Jackson

Lesley Jackson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:11
Spanish to English
Feb 7, 2014

I have no idea whether any of these programs even work with CAT tools... or whether this is the right forum to post this in. Thought I'd start here.

All I know is that I've got to find a way to type less and still use WordFast, if possible.

Thanks for any ideas / advice on this...

Lesley Jackson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:11
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
found previous thread on this from April 2011 Feb 7, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/197135-speech_recognition_software_for_wordfast_pro.html

Still would appreciate hearing of your experience with this... thanks.

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dragon Feb 7, 2014

I've been using Dragon Naturally Speaking v. 11 for a couple of years now with WF Classic without any problems. It only took about half an hour to "train" it to recognise my accent.

[Edited at 2014-02-07 09:05 GMT]

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:11
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
DNS Feb 7, 2014

I use DNS with both Wordfast Pro and Wordfast Classic. There are some minor compatibility issues using it with Wordfast Pro, especially for searching, selecting and correcting, but it is easy to get around these issues e.g. by using the dictation box if it won't do a correction in Wordfast. As Wordfast Classic is just an add-in to MS Word, there are no problems with that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a speech-to-text program that works with WordFast? If so, seeking recommendations...

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search