Error message "abcmemory.txt should be closed"
Thread poster: klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
Equatorial Guinea
Local time: 09:08
Nov 6, 2004

Hi,
I haven't seen this problem so far in the memory. I just opened the Wordfast toolbar, and clicked on the "f" button wanting to create a new TM, and it just sayss "wordfast.. loading setup" with an error box that won't let me get to the normal toolbox saying that the text tile for the last TM I made in Wordfast should be closed. This file is of course closed, I've used my computer many times since it was open, I have even moved and renamed the text file in the hope of "hiding" it from
... See more
Hi,
I haven't seen this problem so far in the memory. I just opened the Wordfast toolbar, and clicked on the "f" button wanting to create a new TM, and it just sayss "wordfast.. loading setup" with an error box that won't let me get to the normal toolbox saying that the text tile for the last TM I made in Wordfast should be closed. This file is of course closed, I've used my computer many times since it was open, I have even moved and renamed the text file in the hope of "hiding" it from Wordfast. How can I get rid of this message and get access to my Wordfast "toolbox"??
Thanks very much for any help,
Jenny H.
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
there must be something wrong with the ini file Nov 6, 2004

Dervlaann wrote:
How can I get rid of this message and get access to my Wordfast "toolbox"?

Try deleting or changing the extension of your ini file, so WF creates a fresh one when you start it again (do this with Word closed).
You can find it in the Word Startup folder, the same folder were you have wordfast.dot.
By default, WF creates a wordfast.ini - if you were using a different ini, you should delete/rename the one you had active the last time you used WF.

Then restart Word and Wordfast.
Does this help?
Grace.

ps. when you ask for help it's useful to provide platform, Word version and Wordfast version, as it might be relevant.

[Edited at 2004-11-06 21:13]

Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Germany
Local time: 09:08
German to French
+ ...
Same problem - any solution? Feb 16, 2011

I am encountering exactly the same problem. For your information, I am using Wordfast Classic with Word 2003 (I don't know which version of WF it is as I can't access any WF info - I installed WF on my computer in December 2008). Everything was fine until an hour or so ago. I got the same message asking me to close the .txt TM I'd been using for my previous assignment. I decided to go back to the previous file, open it, go into the TM and glossary tabs to use Wordfast without a TM and a glossary... See more
I am encountering exactly the same problem. For your information, I am using Wordfast Classic with Word 2003 (I don't know which version of WF it is as I can't access any WF info - I installed WF on my computer in December 2008). Everything was fine until an hour or so ago. I got the same message asking me to close the .txt TM I'd been using for my previous assignment. I decided to go back to the previous file, open it, go into the TM and glossary tabs to use Wordfast without a TM and a glossary. So I closed it all up, opened my new file and now, when I click on the WF button, I get "Wordfast should be closed".

I am not that good with IT stuff and am not quite sure where the Word Startup folder is. Could you explain this more in details Graciela?

Jenny, do you remember how you solved the problem last time?

Thanks a bunch

Fiona
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "abcmemory.txt should be closed"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »