Sluggish spell checker
Thread poster: María Teresa de las Matas Vega

María Teresa de las Matas Vega  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:39
English to Spanish
Feb 11, 2014

I have just bought my Wordfast Pro and, to my surprise, whenever I run the spell checker it goes on and on for ages, without showing any progress bar or anything. Right now, it is checking a 600-segment file and it has been running for more than half an hour. What is wrong with it and how can I solve this issue?

John Daniel
Local time: 20:39
Think your WFP crashed Feb 11, 2014

Hi Maria,

Spellchecker should not run for half an hour and I think your WFP is not responding. Which spell checker is enabled? hunspell or MS spellchecker

Restart WFP and try again with the other spellchecker

Thank you,

John

María Teresa de las Matas Vega  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:39
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It was the MS spellchecker Feb 11, 2014

Hi John,
It is the MS spellchecker. I have read a posting by another WF user complaining also that the spellchecker takes ages to correct a text, so it seems it is not just a problem with my WFP... I'll try tomorrow with Hunspell and see what happens - fingers crossed!
Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sluggish spell checker

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search