Text "freezes"
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 5, 2014

This problem is driving me crazy! When working on a Word document, first, when I get at the bottom of a page, I am not able to see any more the last lines and the first ones of the next page and have to switch to a different view (layout), for example web layout, in order to being able to see this text. When I have translated this text, I can switch again to the former layout until the next page finishes. So far, so bad.

But then, sooner or later, I cannot select text any more, e.g. when I want to do a context search, overwrite a word or whatever. I then have to close Word and restart it, and after a while the whole thing starts again.

In the beginning, I thought of course that the file was faulty, but this happens again and again with different files.

Has anyone else experienced this nasty behaviour?

I have Office 2010, Windows 8 and Wordfast 5.92m.

I am not able to say whether this depends on Word or on Wordfast or on the combination of both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text "freezes"

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search