MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
Local time: 07:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 6, 2014

Hi,
I've had Wordfast Classic 6.03t for over a year now and I have never, EVER, been able to expand any segment.

It's pretty straightforward afterall, Alt+pageDown, except that it NEVER does!It does the Wordfast thing, moves around and then opens up the exact same segment.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?
Please help me, what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Monica

Eva H.
Eva H.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:19
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Have you tried the + icon? Mar 6, 2014

Hi,

Hmm… For me, it always works by hitting simply the "plus" icon.

I guess you tried this, but one never knows.

Sincerely,

Éva

MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
+ sign Mar 7, 2014

Hi Eva,

Yes, I have with the same result, which is nada, nothing. Am I supposed to place the cursor somewhere and I'm not or what? I really don't know what I could be doing wrong.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:19
Member (2006)
French to English
Paragraph? Mar 7, 2014

Hi Monica,

Wordfast Classic can't expand a segment beyond a paragraph mark. If this isn't the problem, I advise that you contact the hotline support. There could be a bug that is very specific to your machine (OS, Word version, language pairs, other macros or software installed, etc.).

Hope this helps!

John

MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paragraph? Mar 7, 2014

Thanks John,

I will contact them. I'm not sure what it could be, when I first got Wordfast I had on a different machine with Word 2007. Since then my computer died and I now have it on a brand new one and installed on Word 2010. And I always get the same result.

It causes me a lot on unnecessary work since the word order in Portuguese and English are quite different. So blue lagoon needs to be translated backwards to make sense, therefore, if I can't expand the segment
... See more
Thanks John,

I will contact them. I'm not sure what it could be, when I first got Wordfast I had on a different machine with Word 2007. Since then my computer died and I now have it on a brand new one and installed on Word 2010. And I always get the same result.

It causes me a lot on unnecessary work since the word order in Portuguese and English are quite different. So blue lagoon needs to be translated backwards to make sense, therefore, if I can't expand the segment to include both words (and that's what's happening to me right now) then I will have to go and redo several parts and rearrange the word order of several segments.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Monica
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Expand segment

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »