Wordfast Pro 3: Cannot save translated file because source Word file is corrupted
Thread poster: Kevin M
Kevin M

Local time: 12:20
Japanese to English
Mar 14, 2014

I opened a new Wordfast file extracted from a Word file.

Segmentation was good and I proceeded to translate.

Translation complete and tried to save translated file, but the resulting file is incomplete. Many many missing segments did not make it on the resulting Word file. I checked the source Word file and see that half of it is missing. I do not know why.

How do I output the material I translated in Wordfast in some form other than having to cut and past each segment when the source file is corrupted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kevin McKeown
Jp-EN

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:20
Finnish to French
Bilingual review Mar 15, 2014

What would work is getting the correct, non-corrupt source file, open it in Wordfast and retranslate it. If you had already translated all its content, this should be very fast. If this is not an option for you, you can export your translation to a "bilingual review". This will allow you to copy/paste the entire translation in one go. You may of course have tags to get rid off and formatting to re-apply, but at least you wouldn't have to copy/paste one segment at a time.

OTOH, if the source Word document was corrupt when you got it from your client, I wouldn't spend too much time creating a proper translated version of the Word document. Just send them the translated TXML and let them fix the mess.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3: Cannot save translated file because source Word file is corrupted

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search