Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:31
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 14, 2014

Hello everyone

I have recently reorganised folders in my PC and now I cannot update translated file in Wordfast. I am using a source Word document with the latest demo version of Wordfast Pro.

When I try to save the translated file I get this message: "Checksum failed. Original file could not be found it's either renamed or changed. Would you like to locate it by yourself?"

I follow the su
... See more
Hello everyone

I have recently reorganised folders in my PC and now I cannot update translated file in Wordfast. I am using a source Word document with the latest demo version of Wordfast Pro.

When I try to save the translated file I get this message: "Checksum failed. Original file could not be found it's either renamed or changed. Would you like to locate it by yourself?"

I follow the suggested steps until I get this other message: "Error while saving file. There was a problem aligning document".

I go on and then I get this last message: "Error while saving file. Aspose failed to read file content. Please check log for more details."

To top it all, this process made the existing translated file disappear and is now replaced by an empty word document (I did manage to retrieve a copy from a previous version and saved it elsewhere, just in case).

Although I changed folder location, all files are in the same folder and have not been renamed.

How can I solve this or what can be done to prevent this from happening?

Thank you so much for your help!

Catarina Lopes
Collapse

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changing source file name Apr 14, 2014

Hi again,

I changed source file name, ran TM and managed to save translated file this way.
It solved my problem for now However, is there a better solution?

Thank you.

Catarina Lopes

Melissa Guay
Melissa Guay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:31
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
Saves as .doc (instead of .doc) Oct 15, 2015

Hello,

I experienced the same problem today and managed to solve it by renaming the source file (without spaces) and saving it as a .doc (instead of .docx).

I ran the TM and the export went smoothly.

Hope this can help someone

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Oct 20, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, Melissa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with saving translated file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »