Run-time error when exporting memory as TMX
Thread poster: Lee Roby

Lee Roby
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:22
Spanish to English
Apr 28, 2014

I have just been asked to export a memory in the TMX format and on trying to do it I am given this error message:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg264703(v=office.14).aspx
Must close or hide topmost modal form first (Error 402)

I have no idea what any of that actually means, can anybody help?

I am using Office 2010 and Wordfast Classic v.6.07y

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2014-04-28 14:09 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:22
Finnish to French
Re-download the current 6.07x Apr 28, 2014

The original 6.07x (and a few subsequent beta builds) had a bug related to functions of the data editor found under the TM tools tab. The bug yielded the run-time error 402 your observed. It has been fixed last month, so just re-download 6.07x, install it on top of your existing version and you will be able to export to TMX.

As an alternative, you may also want to export your TM using WfConverter.

Lee Roby
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:22
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Run-time error when exporting memory as TMX Apr 28, 2014

Many thanks Dominique!

Amanda Grey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:22
French to English
Me too May 28, 2014

Hello,

I have also had this issue, even with version 6.07x installed.

However, many thanks for the handy conversion gizmo, works perfectly!

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
I tried WfConverter May 28, 2014

Dominique Pivard wrote:

As an alternative, you may also want to export your TM using WfConverter.

But while the original .txt file is 42 MB, the .tmx has only 27 MB. Is this normal? How can I check whether it is complete? By the way, using the WF Classic feature (export TM as tmx), I get the same result...

Finnish to French
UTF-16 vs. UTF-8 May 28, 2014

Christel Zipfel wrote:
But while the original .txt file is 42 MB, the .tmx has only 27 MB. Is this normal? How can I check whether it is complete? By the way, using the WF Classic feature (export TM as tmx), I get the same result...

It's probably related to encoding: Wordfast TM's are encoded as UTF-16, while TMX is using UTF-8. You can shrink your Wordfast TM by half by converting it to ANSI (there's a function to that effect in the Data editor), but you wouldn't want to do that. The disk space "wasted" by the bigger TM sizes is negligible with the typical capacity of modern drives.

Finnish to French
Latest 6.07x? May 28, 2014

Amanda Grey wrote:
I have also had this issue, even with version 6.07x installed.

When did you download 6.07x? Are you sure it's the most recent one? Two copies of 6.07x have been released: the first one in November 2013, the second one in April 2014.

Although you managed to solve your acute problem (export to TMX) with WfConverter, you may need one of the other functions found in the Data editor (eg. removal of redundant entries, removal of tags etc.).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error when exporting memory as TMX

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search