MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
Local time: 06:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 8, 2014

Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked but I could not find a related post.

I have WC 6.07x and have recently started using MS Office 2013. I have a Google API key and it worked perfectly on the previous version of WC (I used 6.03t) and on Word 2010.

Here is the problem:

----When you insert the API key in WC and run the test, for Google, or even for MyMemmory or WordLingo which I do not have an api key for, the test comes back blank.
So
... See more
Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked but I could not find a related post.

I have WC 6.07x and have recently started using MS Office 2013. I have a Google API key and it worked perfectly on the previous version of WC (I used 6.03t) and on Word 2010.

Here is the problem:

----When you insert the API key in WC and run the test, for Google, or even for MyMemmory or WordLingo which I do not have an api key for, the test comes back blank.
So the boilerplate phrase the cat... comes back just blank.
I generated a new key for Google thinking that would solve the issue but it didn't.

----During a normal translation, when I move on to a new segment instead of the suggested MT it just says waiting for server and just hangs there never giving me anything.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

Thanks!!!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:39
Finnish to French
Overzealous firewall? May 8, 2014

It sounds like something is preventing Wordfast from sending requests to the selected MT services (or from receiving answers from them). This could be an overzealous firewall, antivirus etc. Check your internet security parameters and make sure they are not too strict.

At least, your computer was able to communicate with the Wordfast server:

This means some traffic is allowed to get through.

MonicaVFreit (X)
MonicaVFreit (X)
Brazil
Local time: 06:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not firewall May 8, 2014

Hi Dominique, thanks for your reply but I don't think so... actually my fault, I left out that it works intermittently when you move to a new segment.

The tests are still showing up blank.

Thanks,
Monica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WC 6.07x + MT not working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »