Thread poster: Flavia Panunzio
Flavia Panunzio
Flavia Panunzio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:55
English to Italian
+ ...
May 16, 2014

Hello, I need some help about this issue: I have the demo mode, but while trying to commit translation and create the translated file, I had a warning: there was no TM connected (because I went over the 512 segments..). So I created a new TM as I usually do, but when I finally saved the file, the file was empty (no translated segments)! What do you think? DO I have to purchase the license? I have a file over 1200 segments to send to the client...so I have to make up my mind, maybe it's time to b... See more
Hello, I need some help about this issue: I have the demo mode, but while trying to commit translation and create the translated file, I had a warning: there was no TM connected (because I went over the 512 segments..). So I created a new TM as I usually do, but when I finally saved the file, the file was empty (no translated segments)! What do you think? DO I have to purchase the license? I have a file over 1200 segments to send to the client...so I have to make up my mind, maybe it's time to buy it ...Collapse

TB CommuniCAT
TB CommuniCAT  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:55
English to French
Buy WF full version May 16, 2014

Demo versions always have limitations and I believe that you might have reached the limit. I do suggest purchasing the full version. I've been using WF for 2 years now and love it. It is simple, easy and inexpensive comparing to other CAT tools. You can try to see if Proz has any bundle discounts with WF or contacting WF directly to see if they have any promotions at the moment. WF pro staffs are also very friendly and their response is very prompt.

Good luck!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Finnish to French
Special offer May 16, 2014

TB Communicate wrote:
You can try to see if Proz has any bundle discounts with WF or contacting WF directly to see if they have any promotions at the moment.

As it happens, there is a special offer right now (today is the last day):

TB Communicate wrote:
WF pro staffs are also very friendly and their response is very prompt.

It is also worth mentioning Wordfast's "friendly and prompt" tech support is included for free in the license price, while some competitors charge about 200 euros per year as a "support and maintenance" fee

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Wordfast Anywhere May 16, 2014

Flavia Panunzio wrote:
What do you think? DO I have to purchase the license? I have a file over 1200 segments to send to the client...so I have to make up my mind, maybe it's time to buy it ...

One alternative to buying a Wordfast Pro license is to continue working on your ongoing TXML in Wordfast Anywhere, which is free and has no limitation for the TM size.

Although I'm not 100% sure about it, I think you should be able to clean up a TXML with 1200 segment against an empty TM, even with the demo version. However, if your client is using Wordfast Pro, they will probably be happy enough with a translated TXML, since they can easily send its content to their TM themselves.

Flavia Panunzio
Flavia Panunzio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:55
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Anywhere May 17, 2014

Thanks for your replies...I tried also Wordfast Anywhere, but I don't think it is for me, I need to deliver an .XLF file, which I am able to create with Wordfast Pro, but not with Wordfast Anywhere.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
XLF? May 17, 2014

Flavia Panunzio wrote:
Thanks for your replies...I tried also Wordfast Anywhere, but I don't think it is for me, I need to deliver an .XLF file, which I am able to create with Wordfast Pro, but not with Wordfast Anywhere.

How can you create an XLF file with Wordfast Pro, if I may ask?

Wordfast Pro can open existing XLF files (as explained here), but not create them (AFAIK). Its own native format is TXML, like Wordfast Anywhere (they in fact share the same filters).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro issues with TM - demo mode

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »