Ahmed Soliman
Germany
Local time: 21:19
Member (2014)
German to Arabic
+ ...
May 19, 2014

Dear all,
I need urgent help to delete a segment in the newst Wordfast Pro Demo mode for linux
Many thanks
Ahmed

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Finnish to French
Impossible May 19, 2014

AFAIK, you can't delete a segment once you've imported a document in Wordfast Pro. If the segment you want to get rid of is within a paragraph and can therefore be merged with the next/previous one, just use the Expand function to merge it, then Edit Source to delete the portion you don't want to have.

If the segment you want to get rid of cannot be merged with the next/previous segment, you can still use Edit Source to delete everything, but you'll have to keep at least one character, eg. a full stop, a comma, an asterisk etc., as Wordfast Pro won't let you keep it empty.

Using the Linux version and demo mode should have no impact whatsoever on what you're trying to do.

If the above doesn't work for you, you'll have to edit the original source document, delete the unwanted segment from it and reopen it in Wordfast Pro.

Ahmed Soliman
Germany
Local time: 21:19
Member (2014)
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PPT May 19, 2014

Thank you Dominique,
that helped me. I have new proplem!
the file is ppt and I have saved. I got filter error. The file is already at the folder but I can not open.
Could you help me?
tnank you Ahmed

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Finnish to French
Try PPTX, use "real" Office May 19, 2014

If you can't open the file as PPT, try saving it as PPTX.

One thing: since you said you are using the Linux version of Wordfast Pro, you may not have PowerPoint and may be using OpenOffice (or equivalent) instead to open/edit/save the PPT. This may be the source of your problem. If so, try to get to a Windows PC with MS Office on it, and do the editing/saving in the "real thing".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting Segment in linux

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search