https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/269759-wf_classic_tm_converted_to_pdf.html

WF Classic - TM converted to PDF (?)
Thread poster: Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:23
Catalan to English
+ ...
May 26, 2014

A not so funny thing happened to me when trying to copy a WF TM from my portable to my PC.

• I have WF 6.07 on a PC running Windows 7/Word 2007
• Same on the portable.

When I got the portable last month I installed WF and the original PC TM (I'm a "mother of all TMs" believer) on it.

I've now been working on one particular section of a project solely on the portable and now need to merge the "portable" TM with the original "PC" TM to finish off s
... See more
A not so funny thing happened to me when trying to copy a WF TM from my portable to my PC.

• I have WF 6.07 on a PC running Windows 7/Word 2007
• Same on the portable.

When I got the portable last month I installed WF and the original PC TM (I'm a "mother of all TMs" believer) on it.

I've now been working on one particular section of a project solely on the portable and now need to merge the "portable" TM with the original "PC" TM to finish off several more sections.

But when I locate the WF TM on the portable, in some mysterious way the TM on the portable is not stored as a .txt but a .pdf!
I've searched for some kind of explanation for this but have come up with nowt.

Just to check, I translated a couple more segments and the PFD time stamp refreshed and matched, so the segments are obviously being saved to it.

I've already converted the PDF to wordpad to attempt a merge at some stage but any help would be much appreciated.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use Wf editor May 27, 2014

Never heard that Wf would store a TM as pdf. What happens when you hit the icon for Data Editor (second icon from left)?

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:23
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 28, 2014

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Never heard that Wf would store a TM as pdf. What happens when you hit the icon for Data Editor (second icon from left)?

Thanks Heinrich - hadn't thought of that. It opens up OK and has the name I originally gave it. But it gives no indication of the ext/type of doc.

I'll keep on hunting for some explanation of how a txt file can suddenly become a PDF.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic - TM converted to PDF (?)

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »