Thread poster: Alex Lago

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:10
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2014

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:10
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Probably, but which Wordfast? Jul 7, 2014

In my case, I use WF Classic. The TM's can be anywhere - I simply select the one I want by clicking the "Select TM" button in the TM tab of the setup dialogue and then navigating to it.
Wordfast itself (Wordfast.dot) can also be anywhere - mine is in a partition that I call D:, and I "Save setup as" to that partition also.
Wordfast isn't in a startup folder so it doesn't start automatically when I start Word (Word 2000) - I select it using
Tools > Templates and Add-Ins.

HTH.
Oliver

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:10
English to Czech
I tested NAS with WfServer Jul 8, 2014

Alex Lago wrote:

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

I made four presentations on January 2012

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora.html

Here I have running VLTM, size 2.5 GB, which is on NAS Stora:

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora-xp/cs/06.html

MS Word is "the server" for Worfast Classic, too. If MS Word and WFC is running, you can offer to share TM for other WFC. I do not recommend to save changes (add new translations) in very big TM on NAS.

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install in NAS server

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search