Thread poster: Alex Lago

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:03
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2014

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:03
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Probably, but which Wordfast? Jul 7, 2014

In my case, I use WF Classic. The TM's can be anywhere - I simply select the one I want by clicking the "Select TM" button in the TM tab of the setup dialogue and then navigating to it.
Wordfast itself (Wordfast.dot) can also be anywhere - mine is in a partition that I call D:, and I "Save setup as" to that partition also.
Wordfast isn't in a startup folder so it doesn't start automatically when I start Word (Word 2000) - I select it using
Tools > Templates and Add-Ins.

HTH.
Oliver

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:03
English to Czech
I tested NAS with WfServer Jul 8, 2014

Alex Lago wrote:

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

I made four presentations on January 2012

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora.html

Here I have running VLTM, size 2.5 GB, which is on NAS Stora:

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora-xp/cs/06.html

MS Word is "the server" for Worfast Classic, too. If MS Word and WFC is running, you can offer to share TM for other WFC. I do not recommend to save changes (add new translations) in very big TM on NAS.

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install in NAS server

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search