Thread poster: Nathalie Ohana
Nathalie Ohana
Nathalie Ohana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:24
English to French
Jul 17, 2014

Hello,

I got a Mac Book Pro recently and attempted to use the WordFast pro license I used to use on my PC.

Although I get the message that this is correctly installed, as soon as I attempt to translate a file, it tells me I am in demo version and cannot use all the features.

Can you please help me with this ?

Thanks.

Nathalie

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:24
English to Czech
Do not reuse old license file on new computer Jul 17, 2014

Each Wordfast Pro installation shows its unique install number in Help › License Management menu and you need to generate the corresponding license file to match that. A license file generated for Wordfast Pro on one computer will not work in Wordfast Pro on another computer.

To license Wordfast Pro on your new Mac, log in at www.wordfast.net and generate the correct, new license file. See t
... See more
Each Wordfast Pro installation shows its unique install number in Help › License Management menu and you need to generate the corresponding license file to match that. A license file generated for Wordfast Pro on one computer will not work in Wordfast Pro on another computer.

To license Wordfast Pro on your new Mac, log in at www.wordfast.net and generate the correct, new license file. See the instructions for Wordfast Pro at http://wordfast.net/wiki/Licensing
Collapse

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Re-licencing Jul 17, 2014

Nathalie,

You may try logging into your Wordfast account and re-licencing your Wf Pro (do not forget that the install number may have changed, so the licence is no longer valid).
You have right to two Wf instances, when you're an individual (not a company).

Good luck!
Marcelina

Nathalie Ohana
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
License Jul 17, 2014

Thank you. The install number has indeed changed. But when I go to License management, I cannot modify the install number. Does that mean I cannot use the license I bought on another computer ? This would be strange indeed.

Thanks.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Don't change, use it Jul 18, 2014

Just use the new install number that you see on the new computer for relicensing.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Off topic Jul 18, 2014

I have no problem with WF, but I got so fed up transferring GT4T from PC to laptop every time I needed to switch, I ended up just paying 2 (expletive deleted) licences.

Nathalie Ohana
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much to all. Jul 18, 2014

All handled.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrating license from one computer to another

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »