Modify TXML Language pair after starting translation
Thread poster: Rafa Martinelli

Rafa Martinelli  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2014

Hello, I have been translating this article from English to Spanish and have just noticed that I technically translated it from English (United States) to Spanish (International) [en_US-es_XM], while my intention was to work from English (United States) to Spanish [en_US-es].

Wordfast does not allow me to change the language pair after I've started working on it, so the question is now: how do I change the target language?

I am currently trying out an idea I got which is to create a [en_US-es] Translation Memory into which I am going to save the Translation Units so that it will save them as Spanish; after doing that I shall open the original file (an html) and will run the [en_US-es] TM on it and (with luck) the new txml will be [en_US-es]. Is there a simpler way of accomplishing this goal?

Thanks.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:22
English to Arabic
Edit the TXML in a text editor: targetlocale Aug 24, 2014

Try to open the TXML file in any text editor and change the "targetlocale" from ES to be ES-XM and save.

This should help.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Rafa Martinelli  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Aug 24, 2014

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Try to open the TXML file in any text editor and change the "targetlocale" from ES to be ES-XM and save.

Thank you. I assume you mean the other way around since I want it to be ES, right? So I only need to change it once in the entire xml file?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:22
English to Arabic
Yes, once Aug 24, 2014

rafamartinelli wrote:

So I only need to change it once in the entire xml file?

Yes, once - you should find it in the header.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modify TXML Language pair after starting translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search