Thread poster: jyuan_us

jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 24, 2014

I have created a TXML file and my client wants a TM only for this file. Yesterday, I created a new TM and press control+alt+end, I could only have 200 units fed into this TM out of 5800 segments.

I then sent the TXML to the client and asked her to have the segments fed into his TM, and the same thing happened.

Did anyone ever experience the same? What was your solution?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2014-09-24 12:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:48
English to Arabic
Exact/Fuzzy? Sep 25, 2014

Hello,

Could those segments be Exact or Fuzzy ones? If so, WF Pro will not add them to the TM using the shortcuts in the TXML Editor unless you edit them first as it expects they are already in the TM.

There are two ways to do that:

1- To make sure every segment goes to the TM without editing (even fuzzy and exact matches and the unedited MTed segments), go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory > check "Write unedited fuzzy and exact matches to the TM". Now, Alt+Down, Alt+End and Ctrl+Alt+End will store everything to the TM.

2- You can use the PM Perspective > Cleanup feature with with "Update TM" option (this will add all sorts of segments to the TM without changing any preferences), as illustrated at:
http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/PM_Using_PM_plug-in/Cleaning_up_translated_files_and_updating_TM.htm

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro TM didn't take any newly translated segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search