Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 27, 2014

Hello everyone

While using WFP and using Alt+down, I get TM matches in the "TM Lookup" pane, but WFP also inserts the highest fuzzy match for me. How can I disable that behaviour, i.e. how can I get WFP to give me TM matches in the "TM Lookup" pane, but not automatically insert any of them?

Thanks
Samuel

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:15
Finnish to French
Ctrl+Alt+X Dec 27, 2014

Inserting the best match in the target cell is the default behaviour and I believe you cannot change it. What you can easily do is press Ctrl+Alt+X (like in WFC) to get rid of any inserted match you don't happen to like or find useful.

Pavel Zalutski  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Matches are not being inserted into the target text window Sep 15, 2016

Hello, ever since I upgraded to Wordfast Pro 3.4.7 the matches from the TM (for example, the fuzzy ones) are not being inserted into the target window. To make it clearer, when I move down the rows, and a row is coming up which has, for example, a 99% match for it in the TM, once I get into that row, the match is not populated into target text, thought it IS displayed in the TM Lookup section.

On second note, and of lesser concern, but still: once I did the upgrade, this thing happens: when moving down into a new row, arriving at the row, the source text appears highlighted, but once I start typing in the target window, the highlighting of the source text goes away. This constant flashing change of contrast is really annoying, as you can imagine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP: How to see TM matches but not insert it automatically

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search