Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 27, 2014

Hello everyone

While using WFP and using Alt+down, I get TM matches in the "TM Lookup" pane, but WFP also inserts the highest fuzzy match for me. How can I disable that behaviour, i.e. how can I get WFP to give me TM matches in the "TM Lookup" pane, but not automatically insert any of them?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:15
Finnish to French
Ctrl+Alt+X Dec 27, 2014

Inserting the best match in the target cell is the default behaviour and I believe you cannot change it. What you can easily do is press Ctrl+Alt+X (like in WFC) to get rid of any inserted match you don't happen to like or find useful.

Pavel Zalutski  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Matches are not being inserted into the target text window Sep 15, 2016

Hello, ever since I upgraded to Wordfast Pro 3.4.7 the matches from the TM (for example, the fuzzy ones) are not being inserted into the target window. To make it clearer, when I move down the rows, and a row is coming up which has, for example, a 99% match for it in the TM, once I get into that row, the match is not populated into target text, thought it IS displayed in the TM Lookup section.

On second note, and of lesser concern, but still: once I did the upgrade, this thing happens: when moving down into a new row, arriving at the row, the source text appears highlighted, but once I start typing in the target window, the highlighting of the source text goes away. This constant flashing change of contrast is really annoying, as you can imagine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP: How to see TM matches but not insert it automatically

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search