Thread poster: PCovs

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 07:01
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2015

For quite some time now I have been unable to open and translate ttx files in Wordfast although it still appears as one of the supported file formats. Why is that?

I am told, as usual, that I need to segment the ttx file in Trados first, but after doing this, I am told the file is empty, and it is really not.

It gets really annoying, as Wordfast is by far my preferred CAT tool, and I really don't want to translate using Studio unless absolutely forced to. Can something be done to remedy this?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

John Daniel
Local time: 23:01
Empty target? Feb 18, 2015

Hi

You need to have target filled in TTX document with some content. Copy all source to target in TTX document and then open with WFP.

Thank you,

John

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 07:01
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
News to me Feb 18, 2015

But thanks.

It was never like this before. I could simply open the file in Trados, do nothing but save it and then open it in Wordfast.

Well, I will try tomorrow and see if this helps.
Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nolonger support for ttx files?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search