Thread poster: Jenni Lock

Jenni Lock
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:12
German to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2015

Hello,

I have just started learning to use Wordfast Anywhere. I have come across the following problem and any help or wisdom would be much appreciated!

A TM I set up seems to be empty. I noticed this when I couldn't download it.

If I try 'Concordance search', the dialog initially tells me (in red) 'The TM is empty!', but when I search for 'Recht', I see results that appear from the TM, so it must be stored somewhere. Similarly, the 'test' option in TM setup says there are 0 TUs in the TM ... which can't be so if I get concordance search results.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
MT perhaps Feb 19, 2015

Hi Jenni,

What kind of search are you performing with "Recht" for example?

Could these be machine translation results instead?

Kind regards,

Hazel

Jenni Lock
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think so Feb 19, 2015

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's an MT result as I currently have MT turned off. It's when I run a specific search in the concordance box (as opposed to just clicking "concordance search" initially). So if I search for "Recht" in the concordance box, I get 7 results that list this TM As the source.

All the best,

Jenni

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
TM Feb 19, 2015

Are you using the correct TM? Do you perhaps have more than one selected? Or are you trying to download a different one to the one you are doing the search in?

Jenni Lock
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Correct TM Feb 19, 2015

Hi Hazel,

I believe so - I only have 3 TMs on the system at the moment, so it was quite easy to check I was using the right one. I'm beginning to think there may be a bug in the system? Thank you for your help!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:12
Finnish to French
Mailing list Feb 20, 2015

Jenni Lock wrote:
I have just started learning to use Wordfast Anywhere. I have come across the following problem and any help or wisdom would be much appreciated!

Subscribe to the dedicated mailing list and ask for help there. The list is attended by the developers, and they will be able to check your account and see the problem with your particular TM.

Jenni Lock
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 20, 2015

Thank you for the recommendation Dominique!

Jenni Lock
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery solved Feb 24, 2015

Hi,
Just to let you know that someone from Wordfast very kindly helped me out via the Yahoo user group.
It turned out the TM needed to be "reorganized". This was apparently a "TM server problem that needs periodic reorganization" and is to do with Wordfast's server. Thank you Hazel and Dominique for the suggestions!
Jenni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to find TM in Wordfast Anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search