WF pro analysis and number only segments
Thread poster: Sophie Cauvin-Tellier

Sophie Cauvin-Tellier
Local time: 10:24
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2015

How can I analyze a txml in the current version of WF Pro so that new segments containing numbers only (dates, for ex.) are actually counted?

I always thought number only segments where counted as they may require an action from the translator that the system cannot know. However I cannot get the analysis to count those as new words.

I tried analyzing a txml with "number extraction" checked in the filters but it didn't make a difference. When I analyze the file, the report shows 4 new segments when they are actually more new segments when counting number only segments. I'm not sure checking this box would make a difference.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2015-03-23 16:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-23 16:20 GMT]

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:24
Member (2006)
French to English
Tick option before TXML creation Mar 26, 2015

cauvintellier wrote:

I tried analyzing a txml with "number extraction" checked in the filters but it didn't make a difference.

Hi Cauvin,

You have to tick "number extraction" before generating the TXML file. Have you tried this? I'm still not sure it will include numbers in the word count.

Best,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF pro analysis and number only segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search