WF header missing or damaged
Thread poster: Erika Dobbs
Erika Dobbs  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

I have just bought a license for WF 5.0h and I have Windows XP. When I am trying to import a translation memory provided by my clients in .txt or tmx format it gives language codes: source as some square symbols, target as FR-FR. It says "header missing or damaged" and it does to all the files from different clients. Does anyone know how to fix it? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Erika Dobbs

Direct link Reply with quote

Erika Dobbs  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my problem was solved in no time! Jan 15, 2005

I am so greatful to Yves Champollion for helping me with this in no time. I was trying to use Trados .txt with Lithuanian language and it did not work because it's a unicode all the way. TMX worked just fine.

Erika

Jonathan Norris  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
tm error message Jan 19, 2010

Hi Erika:

I am also receiving that error message when I try to load a tm from a .txt file: "translation memory header is invalid." As a new wordfast user, I have browsed the forum looking for a fix. Could you say exactly what you did to resolve the problem in your case? Did you have the client reformat and send it? How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF header missing or damaged

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search