editing document in MS word
Thread poster: mariamoreno

mariamoreno
Spain
English to Spanish
Apr 12, 2015

sorry to bother you with this, after I recheck and clean a MS Word document (previously exported from word fast) I don't know how to upload the changes.
When it is a double space or a mispelling I don't mind introduce then manually on the txml, but when I need to make format changes I am clueless.

Thanks a lot

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:16
Finnish to French
Bilingual review Apr 12, 2015

You should use the bilingual review feature, which will allow you to re-import your document back into Wordfast Pro, including any changes you (or your reviewer) have made to it.

If you export the final, translated version (via File > Save Translated File), and make changes to it, you won't be able to re-import them.

mariamoreno
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Apr 12, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

You should use the bilingual review feature, which will allow you to re-import your document back into Wordfast Pro, including any changes you (or your reviewer) have made to it.

If you export the final, translated version (via File > Save Translated File), and make changes to it, you won't be able to re-import them.

oh, thanks a lot, I spent all day trying to re-import the translated file. It's a pitty it can't be done.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:16
Finnish to French
Reimporting translated file Apr 13, 2015

mariamoreno wrote:
oh, thanks a lot, I spent all day trying to re-import the translated file. It's a pitty it can't be done.

The only tool I'm aware of that has such a feature is memoQ. The feature is called monolingual review.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

editing document in MS word

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search