Wordup (X)
Wordup (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 29, 2015

Hi all
Does anyone know how to set the position on the source and target segments on the screen?
For me, even if I start translating at the top of the screen (the logical place), within a few segments, the source is just visible at the bottom of the screen but the target box is not, which means I have to keep scrolling.
Maybe this is the way it is, but I wanted to check in case there is a way of fixing this.
Ideally, after filling in the target box for a segment, Wf would
... See more
Hi all
Does anyone know how to set the position on the source and target segments on the screen?
For me, even if I start translating at the top of the screen (the logical place), within a few segments, the source is just visible at the bottom of the screen but the target box is not, which means I have to keep scrolling.
Maybe this is the way it is, but I wanted to check in case there is a way of fixing this.
Ideally, after filling in the target box for a segment, Wf would then automatically position the next source and target boxes cleanly at the top of the screen...
Thanks for any tips!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:08
Finnish to French
Inherent limitation Apr 29, 2015

Wordup wrote:

The limitation is inherent to the software. You can only alleviate it, for instance by using draft view instead of print layout view. You can also buy a display with more vertical pixels

Wordup (X)
Wordup (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, I always use Draft view Apr 29, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:
The limitation is inherent to the software. You can only alleviate it, for instance by using draft view instead of print layout view. You can also buy a display with more vertical pixels

Thanks Dominique. But I already always use Draft view. And I have a huge second screen so no shortage of pixels here

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic - positioning of source/target boxes on the screen

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »