https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/286003-wfp_export_all_revisions_to_a_table_in_ms_word.html

WFP: Export all revisions to a table in MS Word
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:16
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 19, 2015

Hello

Is there a function in WFP somewhere that will take a TXML file (with revisions by a number of revisers) and export it to an MS Word table that shows each segment's successive edits in successive columns? Or, alternatively, a tool that will allow me to extract all revisions made by a specific person?

Thanks
Samuel

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:16
Finnish to French
ChangeTracker May 19, 2015

You may want to have a look at ChangeTracker, a free utility that supports a number of popular bilingual formats, including TXML. It seems its development stopped three years ago at v. 1.0.2, but maybe it does what you need.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Dominique May 19, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:
You may want to have a look at ChangeTracker, a free utility that supports a number of popular bilingual formats, including TXML.

Thanks, I already find ChangeTracker very useful, but it only works if you have more than one version of each file, because it compares the two versions. ChangeTracker is 99% reliable, in my opinion, for I have found that it sometimes misses segments in e.g. TTX files.

In the case of TXML revisions, all revisions (including dates and user IDs) are contained in a single TXML file.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Looks like... May 19, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
Is there a function in WFP somewhere that will take a TXML file (with revisions by a number of revisers) and export it to an MS Word table that shows each segment's successive edits in successive columns?

Looks like I'm going to have to write something myself. The big headache is that the revisions feature in TXML is not logical, so I'd have to keep my wits about me. I'll explain -- suppose you have one segment that has gone through two revisions, then you'd have the following in that segment:

Author #1: Translation #1 (content #1)
Author #2: Revision #1 (content #2)
Author #3: Revision #2 (content #3)

Now, if you'd think that author #1 was the translator who produced translation #1, you'd be wrong. In fact, author #1 is the original translator, and his name is stuck up there, along with content #1, which he did not produce. The original translator was responsible for... revision #1 (or rather, content #2). No, he didn't revise anything -- he is the original translator, but the content that he produced is located in the revision that is labelled "author #2", who is not the author of that translation (...the original translator is). Etc.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 20:16
PM Perspective > Transcheck tab May 19, 2015

Hi Samuel,

Have you tried Segment Changes button in PM Perspective Transcheck tab. This provides you with HTML output file in the same folder as your TXML file.

Thank you,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP: Export all revisions to a table in MS Word

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »