How to copy all segments to a new TM (PRO)
Thread poster: TranslationCe
TranslationCe
Local time: 20:21
Italian to English
Jun 15, 2015

I use a general TM for all my translations for one particular client. The client requires me to send a specific TM for each job I deliver. I thought I had found the solution by translating the file using my general TM then creating a new TM, clicking "Commit all segments to TM" then exporting as tmx but this only adds a few of the segments (there are a lot of 100% matches in the files, for example, and they all seem to be ignored). Can anyone tell me how I can copy all the segments in a particular file into a new TM? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:21
English to French
+ ...
Create a new TM for this customer Jun 15, 2015

It is easy enough to create a TM for this customer BEFORE STARTING TO TRANSLATE (or, even, for each project) and set your general TM to Read-Only.

Then, if desired, add the content of the new TM to your general TM.

John Daniel
Local time: 12:21
Write unedited fuzzy.... Jun 15, 2015

TranslationCe wrote:

I use a general TM for all my translations for one particular client. The client requires me to send a specific TM for each job I deliver. I thought I had found the solution by translating the file using my general TM then creating a new TM, clicking "Commit all segments to TM" then exporting as tmx but this only adds a few of the segments (there are a lot of 100% matches in the files, for example, and they all seem to be ignored). Can anyone tell me how I can copy all the segments in a particular file into a new TM? Thanks!

To have 100% and unedited fuzzy segments to TM, you have to check 'Write unedited fuzzy and exact segments to a TM' from Preferences > Translation Memory.

Thank you,

John

TranslationCe
Local time: 20:21
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks John! Jun 15, 2015

That's perfect!

Thanks to JL01 as well but John's answer is just what I was looking for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to copy all segments to a new TM (PRO)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search