Juan Pablo Sans
Juan Pablo Sans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 15, 2015

This is on behalf of a friend:

He has a TM with Wordfast Classic, but when he runs the feature, the fuzzy matches won't appear. We even lowered the threshold to 50, to not avail though. We look for concordance and the Wordfast won't get the fuzzy segment. I have never used Wordfast, and I really want to help him. I know it must be an elephant in a room I cannot find the option and he wants to finish his job.

Thank you for your answers

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:17
Finnish to French
Things to check Jun 16, 2015

The first thing to do when not receiving matches (whether 100% or fuzzy) that you know are in the TM is reorganize (the TM). The second thing is to check Penalty on TM is set to 0 (default) or a lowish value. Sometimes it's set to a very high value (eg. 75%), which effectively causes all matches (even 100% matches) to be rated below the threshold.

However, concordance search (which doesn't rely on the index and is not affected by penalties) should always find the translation units t
... See more
The first thing to do when not receiving matches (whether 100% or fuzzy) that you know are in the TM is reorganize (the TM). The second thing is to check Penalty on TM is set to 0 (default) or a lowish value. Sometimes it's set to a very high value (eg. 75%), which effectively causes all matches (even 100% matches) to be rated below the threshold.

However, concordance search (which doesn't rely on the index and is not affected by penalties) should always find the translation units that are expected to be matches. If it is not the case, the TM may not be selected, or the wrong TM is selected, or something else is very wrong.

Have the user press Ctrl+Alt+P and post the output, so we can see what TM is selected, what's its name and what's its path. This will also display the version of Word and Wordfast being used, which you didn't mention.
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:17
French to English
Concordance Jun 16, 2015

Is he getting the desired results when using concordance search? He can use the shortcut Alt + F12 to past the highlighted bits from the concordance search window into the open segment...

Of course it would be better if the TM was working as expected, you give so little information that it's hard to help, Dominique has already given some good starting points.

Juan Pablo Sans
Juan Pablo Sans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 16, 2015

Hello,

Thank you both. Apparently he is getting making it work with your tips. I'll see what he says and come back to you.

Cheers and thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The fuzzy matches are not showing and I have to copy-paste the answers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »