WFC not working with EXCEL in MS Office 2013
Thread poster: neilmac

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2015

I reformatted my PC last week and reinstalled WF Classic and Office 2013. Today I'm trying to translate an Excel file and WFC for the first time with the new setup and it doesn't appear to be working. I proceed in the same way as I used to with earlier versions of WFC / Office: Open up a copy of the Excel file, then a Word document, do the select and click thing... And nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there another step that I'm missing out with new MS Office version?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:15
Finnish to French
Excel & PowerPoint work up to Office 2010 Jul 13, 2015

No, you are not missing anything: Microsoft has removed the feature that allowed Wordfast to communicate with Excel and PowerPoint from all versions of Office newer than 2010. That includes Office 2011 (Mac), Office 2013 (Windows) and any other newer version. You will have to get a copy of Office 2010 (or older) if you wish to translate Excel/PowerPoint documents the "old-fashioned" way.

Henrique Mariotto  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Office 365 Jul 25, 2015

So Wordfast Pro would allow me to work on Powerpoint and Excel?

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:15
Finnish to French
File formats supported by Wordfast Pro/Anywhere Jul 25, 2015

Henrique Mariotto wrote:
So Wordfast Pro would allow me to work on Powerpoint and Excel?

Sure: Wordfast Pro (and Anywhere) supports a number of file formats, including PowerPoint and Excel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC not working with EXCEL in MS Office 2013

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search