Wordfast Classic loses segments
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:32
German to English
Jul 21, 2015

I've been having a bizarre problem - I translate something perfectly normally, but then sometimes when I go on to the next segment the target text in the previous segment disappears and only the segment delimiters remain. When I clean up the document, sentences that I know perfectly well that I translated are simply not there. If I go back to the source text for the missing segments and re-open WF there, the "disappeared" text reappears.

This means that I can no longer be confident that my target text is complete, since WF may have "lost" sentences without my noticing. Which makes me fairly disgruntled, as I thought that part of the "point" of CAT tools was that they stop you leaving anything out.

How can I stop this happening (and why is it happening anyway)?

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:32
English to French
+ ...
Ask Wf tech support Jul 21, 2015

That is a question for Wf tech support, which probably will ask you about operating system, Office version, etc.

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:32
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Hidden text? Jul 21, 2015

Have you checked that they aren't just hidden? I suggest you try a Find = hidden font > Replace = not hidden font. I used to prefer working with Wordfast Classic, rather than Pro for short, simple texts, but I have found it seems to have become neglected and increasingly buggy. As a result, I now nearly always use Wordfast Pro.

[Edited at 2015-07-21 21:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic loses segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search