WordFast Anywhere: Space at the beginning of each target paragraph?
Thread poster: Letizia S.

Letizia S.
Italy
Local time: 13:07
French to Italian
+ ...
Jul 23, 2015

Good afternood everybody,
I am a very satisfied user of WordFast Anywhere! For people like me, with a (so far) quite small business, a free CAT tools is very useful. And, it works!
I have used WFA since December 2014 and I really like it, I think it is easy-to use, intuitive and speedy. Yes, I admit sometimes it blocks and I have to translate again the segment but it is free and I try not to complainicon_smile.gif
Moreover, when this problem happened more often I contacted the HelpDesk, they gave me some suggestions (e.g. use Firefox instead of Chrome, do not open many pages, etc.) and I can confirm they are very polite and helpful, so thank you againicon_smile.gif

An other problem I found out is that in the target version a space appears at the beginning of each paragraph.
I don't know why. There is no space in the source paragraph, so why does it happen?

Does it happen to other users too?

Thanks for you answers.

Letizia

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:07
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
A thought Jul 23, 2015

Hi Letizia,

This happened to me in the past when I had more than one document open. If you are using WF to translate a Word file and another Word file happens to be open, try closing that second file and see if the problem disappears.

You might also consider signing up to the Yahoo Users Group for Wordfast Classic.

I've found group members to be very generous with their help and suggestions.

Liz

Update: I didn't see that you were using WFA; I assumed it was WFC. In that case, my suggestion is irrelevant.

If you don't get any help here, I do suggest joining the WFA Yahoo Users Group. I've found members to be just as helpful and kind as those in the WFC group.

[Edited at 2015-07-23 18:10 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:07
Finnish to French
WFA list Jul 25, 2015

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales wrote:
If you don't get any help here, I do suggest joining the WFA Yahoo Users Group. I've found members to be just as helpful and kind as those in the WFC group.

Yes, this is where you should go for any questions related to Wordfast Anywhere:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Wordfast_Anywhere/info

The group is attended by the developers, who actively monitor questions asked there and answer them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Anywhere: Space at the beginning of each target paragraph?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search