Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 24, 2015

Hello everyone

Today I had to translate an SDLXLIFF file in which certain words or phrases were marked in a certain colour and which carried a label "DO_NOT_TRANSLATE" in the tag.

I translate SDXLIFF files in WFC, and that means that I can see the numbered tags but I can't see what the tags' definitions are. In other words, I can't see if any given tag means "DO_NOT_TRANSLATE" -- all I see is the tag number, e.g. <g id=22">.

This prompted me to write a set of simple AutoIt scripts that add that information to the numbered tags and remove it afterwards (i.e. it turns <g id=22"> into <g id=22 {{{DO_NOT_TRANSLATE}}}">). This allows me to mark such words and phrases as non-translatable in WFC.

I'm not sure if this will be useful to anyone else, but here are the scripts:
http://wikisend.com/download/535038/sdlxliff%20tag%20reintroducer.zip

Samuel

[Edited at 2015-07-24 19:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Script to label numbered tags in SDLXLIFF

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search