Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:08
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 25, 2015

Hello collegues!
I'm using Wordast Pro for many years and I work fine.

I also have Studio 2014 for clients who don't have WP, but I find it quite tricky, perhaps because I'm not used at it.

I know that sdlxliff files can be managed thru WP. But except that I've to copy source to target, is this system successful or the end client will have problems in opening/cleaning up the files?

I mean, the result will be identical as in Studio and all tags etc will be deployed?

Thanks
Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Wf Pro and Studio Aug 25, 2015

Hello Lucia,
I've been translating sdlxliff files in Wordfast Pro for years and none of my clients has any problem with opening and managing the translated file sent by me. I don't know the CAT version(s) they use.
The only thing to remember: you need to receive a pretranslated sdlxliff file (so a sort of bilingual table generated by their CAT). Their file can be pretranslated against an empty TM.
Good luck!
Marcelina

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply.... Aug 25, 2015

Then, do you ask your client to send you the pre-translated files (also copy source to target) right?

And do you set up WF in a specifc way? You can upload the tmx TM ? And the Tags?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PRO 3.4.5 and Studio 2014

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search