How do I populate a TM with translated files in Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: Alain Alameddine

Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 05:41
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 6, 2015

Hello everyone,

I have about 30 translated TXML documents. I'd like to create a TM that includes all of the files' segments, without actually opening each files and committing every segment to the TM one by one.

I'm sure there's a quick and easy way to do this, but I don't know about iticon_smile.gif I've looked online but I haven't found anything. Could anyone help?

Alain

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I suspect... Sep 6, 2015

Alain Alameddine wrote:
I have about 30 translated TXML documents. I'd like to create a TM that includes all of the files' segments, without actually opening each files and committing every segment to the TM one by one.

I suspect you'd go to the PM perspective (it's the icon to the left that looks like an icecream scoop), and then to the Cleanup tab. Drop your TXML files there, make sure your TM is connected, select "Update TM", and hit "Cleanup".

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 04:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Just what Samuel said. Sep 6, 2015

That's the way to go with many files.

However, when I'm working on a single file in the TXML Editor Perspective, I usually execute the command "Commit all segments to TM" which is bound to a function key, so I don't have to do the segments one by one.

Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 05:41
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Superb, Sep 7, 2015

Thank you both!icon_smile.gif

Alain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I populate a TM with translated files in Wordfast Pro?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search