sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:58
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 9, 2005

Dar All

I am trying to import a txt file (a WF 3.3 TM sent by the client) into a Trados 5.5 new memory. Apparently it doesn't work and I get the message: "0 segments loaded". I can successfully import it into Wordfast but I would prefer to do this job with Trados.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Sabina

Direct link Reply with quote

pep
English to Spanish
Are you doing it via TMX? Feb 9, 2005

sabina moscatelli wrote:

Dar All

I am trying to import a txt file (a WF 3.3 TM sent by the client) into a Trados 5.5 new memory. Apparently it doesn't work and I get the message: "0 segments loaded". I can successfully import it into Wordfast but I would prefer to do this job with Trados.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Sabina

I believe you are trying to import it as is. If you export it in WF to TMX and then import the TMX file in Trados it should work. If if didn't work well, you may want to try to load the WF memory in a newly created Xbench project and then export the Xbench project to TMX. Again, the resulting tmx file can be imported in Trados (remember to select the correct file type at import).

Regards,

Pep.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Export, import Feb 9, 2005

Create a new TM in Trados, translate one word i MS Word to make sure you have one TU, export as Trados txt format.

Open this export txt-file in Notepad, and check the heading of the file.

Then open the tmx-file sent to you. If the file was in txt-format, open it in Wordfast and export it as tmx.

Check if the language codes are the same. If not, do a search and replace in the tmx file.

Normally I am able to import Wordfast tmx-format into Trados.

An easier way is to get hold of the unclean file in Word-format. If you clean this file using Trados you can update your Trados TM directly.

Good luck!

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, Feb 9, 2005

Ivan. I imported the tmw format and it worked

s

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import WF TM into Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search