Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 14, 2015

Hello everyone

In WFA, all icons are greyed out in the TMs & Glossaries tab. I want to add a glossary. What should I do?

Thanks
Samuel

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Open the TM & Glossaries tab ... Oct 14, 2015

Hi Samuel,

If you click on the "TMs & Glossaries" tab on the ribbon a window will open titled "TMs and glossaries management". On the left hand side are all the TM options and on the right hand side all of the glossaries options. You can add/create/upload/edit/merge/download and remove. It's all quite logical once you find the window.

You can have many as you want but only one TM and one glossary can be active, all the others have to be read only.

Ben
... See more
Hi Samuel,

If you click on the "TMs & Glossaries" tab on the ribbon a window will open titled "TMs and glossaries management". On the left hand side are all the TM options and on the right hand side all of the glossaries options. You can add/create/upload/edit/merge/download and remove. It's all quite logical once you find the window.

You can have many as you want but only one TM and one glossary can be active, all the others have to be read only.

Ben

[Edited at 2015-10-14 18:16 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not here Oct 14, 2015

Ben Senior wrote:
If you click on the "TMs & Glossaries" tab on the ribbon, a window will open titled "TMs and glossaries management".

Not for me. When I click the TMs & Glossaries tab, it opens that tab, that contains a number of greyed out icons:

However, I side-stepped the bug by creating a dummy file and uploading it. Then the buttons became active.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA: how to add glossary

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »