What does the bottom right things mean in Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: halit yilmaz

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:11
Member (2014)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2015

Any idea that it is useful?

 

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:11
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
wiki Nov 11, 2015

This might help you:
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Wordfast_Professional


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:11
Finnish to French
Heap size? Nov 11, 2015

If by "bottom right things" you mean the little box on the status bar that reads something like "73M of 97M", it’s the heap size, a Java thing. It usually has an impact when dealing with very large files. If the default value is not sufficient, you can increase the heap size via Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences.

If what you mean is not the heap size, then give a more accurate description of the "bottom right things", which is pretty vague.


 

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:11
Member (2014)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 11, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

If by "bottom right things" you mean the little box on the status bar that reads something like "73M of 97M", it’s the heap size, a Java thing. It usually has an impact when dealing with very large files. If the default value is not sufficient, you can increase the heap size via Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences.

If what you mean is not the heap size, then give a more accurate description of the "bottom right things", which is pretty vague.


Yes it is these boxes and i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.

Thank you for the clarification.


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:11
Finnish to French
Wordfast Pro 4 Nov 11, 2015

halit yilmaz wrote:
i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.


The new Wordfast Pro 4 uses the status bar to display character counts for the active segment (source segment = SC, target segment = TC):

2015-11-11_1917.png

For an overview of Wordfast Pro 4, see my First steps with... video.

Wordfast Pro 3 doesn’t display that info.


 

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:11
Member (2014)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
why not the current segment source character/target character/total character left count... Nov 11, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

halit yilmaz wrote:
i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.


The new Wordfast Pro 4 uses the status bar to display character counts for the active segment (source segment = SC, target segment = TC):

2015-11-11_1917.png

For an overview of Wordfast Pro 4, see my First steps with... video.

Wordfast Pro 3 doesn’t display that info.



why not the current segment source character/target character/total character left count...


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does the bottom right things mean in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search