TXML to SDLXLIFF
Thread poster: brainfloss
| | brainfloss
Local time: 04:03
English to Spanish
Hello everybody. I use Wordfast Pro 3 (v. 3.4.5) and have three *.txml files that I need to deliver to a client as *.sdlxliff files. Any suggestions? Nothing I've tried has worked so far and I REALLY need to deliver these files pronto!
Help is much appreciated.
I ended up figuring this out on my own. Since I had finished translating using Wordfast Pro 3, all I had was TXML files. I also had the monolingual SDLXLIFF files the client sent (which I could not open with Wordfast). I read in these forums that memoQ handles SDLXLIFF files well so I created a mock project and imported the SDLXLIFF files and their corresponding TXML files. I created a mock TM for this project and started "filling it" with the finished TU's from the TXML's. Once I confirmed all these segments, the TM had all the information I needed. Later, I opened the SDLXLIFF files (in Spanish) and inserted all the "hits" from the TM. It needed some editing here and there, but I got it done. Once again, I confirmed all the segments and exported these as SDLXLIFF files ready to be delivered to the client.
[Edited at 2015-12-03 15:35 GMT]
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »