Blocking several target cells (what you do in Office with Ctrl+mouse
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:50
Member (2003)
English to German
Dec 22, 2015

I have about 50 cells that I need to turn from lower into upper case. In Trados, or Word is that a cinch: just block and that's it. As far as I can tell, in Wordfast Pro I have to block one segment, hit the upper case shortkey, hit the confirm key, and that 50 times.

Can somebody give me better news, or at least explain why I cannot just block it and be done.

Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
Finnish to French
"Blocking"? Dec 22, 2015

Can you explain what "blocking" is, as a Word/Trados function?!

AFAIK, the standard way to change case in Word/Trados/Wordfast (and many other tools) is Shift+F3.

In Wordfast Pro, hit Ctrl+A (to select the entire target segment) and press Shift+F3 (if necessary 2-3 times, depending on the result you want to achieve).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blocking several target cells (what you do in Office with Ctrl+mouse

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search