Blocking several target cells (what you do in Office with Ctrl+mouse
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:41
Member (2003)
English to German
Dec 22, 2015

I have about 50 cells that I need to turn from lower into upper case. In Trados, or Word is that a cinch: just block and that's it. As far as I can tell, in Wordfast Pro I have to block one segment, hit the upper case shortkey, hit the confirm key, and that 50 times.

Can somebody give me better news, or at least explain why I cannot just block it and be done.

Thank you very much!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:41
Finnish to French
"Blocking"? Dec 22, 2015

Can you explain what "blocking" is, as a Word/Trados function?!

AFAIK, the standard way to change case in Word/Trados/Wordfast (and many other tools) is Shift+F3.

In Wordfast Pro, hit Ctrl+A (to select the entire target segment) and press Shift+F3 (if necessary 2-3 times, depending on the result you want to achieve).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blocking several target cells (what you do in Office with Ctrl+mouse

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search