Insert line break in target segment in WFP
Thread poster: kneyens

kneyens
Belgium
Local time: 14:26
French to Dutch
Dec 23, 2015

Hi,

I need to insert a line break (soft return) in my target segment in WFP (version 3.4.5)
In Office documents, this is done with Shift+Enter.
However, this key combination doesn't work in WFP.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Katleen

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:26
Finnish to French
Not possible Dec 23, 2015

I’m afraid this is not possible, or at least I’m not aware of a way to insert manual line breaks in the TXML editor of Wordfast Pro.

What you could do (as a workaround) is add some random string (eg. "XYZ") where you want the line breaks to be inserted, and then use Find/Replace in the exported document (replace "XYZ" with "^l").

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 14:26
English to Arabic
Placeable Jan 29, 2016

Dear Katleen,

Is it already there on your source? If so, you should found it already as a tag/placeable and all what you need is to insert this tag into the target segment as usual.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insert line break in target segment in WFP

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search