Thread poster: John Di Rico
John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:15
Member (2006)
French to English
Dec 29, 2015

A new update for Wordfast Pro 3.4.6 for Windows/Mac/Linux is now available!

Please download it from http://wordfast.com/store_download.html or wait for the update reminder to link you to the download.

Highlights of new features and fixes:
- Implemented option to calculate character count with spaces during Analysis
- Implemented Spanish inverted question mar
... See more
A new update for Wordfast Pro 3.4.6 for Windows/Mac/Linux is now available!

Please download it from http://wordfast.com/store_download.html or wait for the update reminder to link you to the download.

Highlights of new features and fixes:
- Implemented option to calculate character count with spaces during Analysis
- Implemented Spanish inverted question mark and exclamation mark as part of Smart Quotes feature
- Added Excel filter option to use XML configuration file
- Fixed OSX El-Capitan TM List and Glossary list preferences checkbox rendering issue

For more improvements and bug fixes see the release notes here: http://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes

Happy holidays!

John Di Rico
Collapse

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:15
English to German
This update sets Wordfast back Jan 7, 2016

I warn of this update. It is in fact a retrodate.

The early versions of Wordfast Pro always did not respond when left alone for a time. They then did not "leverage" the last entry. So one had to wait for reconnection to the TM, and releverage the entry.

Then this problem disappeared. With version 3.4.6 it is now back.

Moreover, I never before had to cancel "autosave" because it tried to write metadata to a project I had deleted. Moreover I even reinstalled
... See more

The early versions of Wordfast Pro always did not respond when left alone for a time. They then did not "leverage" the last entry. So one had to wait for reconnection to the TM, and releverage the entry.

Moreover, I never before had to cancel "autosave" because it tried to write metadata to a project I had deleted. Moreover I even reinstalled the program to get rid of this annoying error. No luck.

So for the moment, I recommend from my own experience to stick with the tried and true.
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 05:15
Clean Workspace Jan 7, 2016

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert wrote:

Moreover, I never before had to cancel "autosave" because it tried to write metadata to a project I had deleted. Moreover I even reinstalled the program to get rid of this annoying error. No luck.

So for the moment, I recommend from my own experience to stick with the tried and true.

Hi Dr. phil. Christiane,

I have few questions to ask:

From what version did you upgrade to 3.4.6?

How did you delete your project?

Have your tried clearing your workspace and start fresh to see if the problem goes away. To do this take a back up of .wf_workspace folder and then delete with WF closed.

Let me know.

Thank you,

John

United States
English to German
Reply Jan 8, 2016

I deleted it quite simply in the project dialog, I reinstalled Wordfast, I even deleted all my projects etc with another re-installment (I suppose that cleaned the workspace), and I still get this annoying message.

I upgraded from the previous version.

Thank you.

John Daniel
John Daniel
message Jan 8, 2016

I deleted it quite simply in the project dialog, I reinstalled Wordfast, I even deleted all my projects etc with another re-installment (I suppose that cleaned the workspace), and I still get this annoying message.

I upgraded from the previous version.

Thank you.

Can you tell us what the message says?

Also when you get the message next time can you send us Bug Report from Help > Bug Report.

Thank you,

John

United States
English to German
Error messages Jan 9, 2016

It says that it can't save "metadata" to "Yorke_2" - the long deleted program.

It also refuses to save the workspace (says it can't).

The other thing (not related to the problem above) is that the program hangs up when you leave the computer with Wordfast Pro open. It goes "unresponding" for some time, and then says it cannot "leverage" the TM, which leaves the cell you just worked on uncommitted.

That early problem had disappeared after some previous updat
... See more

The other thing (not related to the problem above) is that the program hangs up when you leave the computer with Wordfast Pro open. It goes "unresponding" for some time, and then says it cannot "leverage" the TM, which leaves the cell you just worked on uncommitted.

That early problem had disappeared after some previous update, and is now back.
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Delete project manually Jan 11, 2016

That early problem had disappeared after some previous update, and is now back.

HI Dr.phil. Christiane,

Keep WF closed while doing this, if necessary take backup of .wf_workspace before doing this.

Can you delete the project Yorke_2 from C:/Users/{your_username}/.wf_workspace/.metadata/.plugins/projects Find the project name and delete that folder.

Also delete Yorke_2 from C:/Users/{your_username}/.wf_workspace/ folder if present.

What type of TM are you connecting to?

Thank you,

John

United States
English to German
The project is not there anymore Jan 13, 2016

Hello John,

I did delete this project, and it is not any longer in the project list. That is the frustrating thing about the situation.

I am connecting to both a wf server and a file TM. (The wf server is read-only, and therefore I need a second one).

Thank you.

United States
English to German
Additional problem: workspace is not saved anymore Jan 13, 2016

Hello John,

an additional problem surfaced with the other error message.

Whenever I am closing Wordfast it tells me there was an error saving workspace, and in fact it is not saved.

Best regards,

Christiane

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:15
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Troubleshooting Jan 13, 2016

Hi Christiane,

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with this new version. Could we schedule a GoToMeeting with developers to troubleshoot?

Please email me at john AT wordfast.fr and I'll provide instructions on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.4.6 now available

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »