Segmentation issues in WfC - Office 2016
Thread poster: momolja (X)
momolja (X)
momolja (X)
United Kingdom
Jan 18, 2016

I've just bought a new computer which runs Office 2016, in which I've installed the latest version of Wordfast Classic.
Has anyone else got Office 2016 + WfC yet and is experiencing difficulties (or not)?
One issue I seem to be getting now is that 60% of the time the first (capital) letter in a sentence will fall outside the segmentation, so the segment will start with the second letter of a sentence and the first letter will be unsegmented. If I go back to the last segment and the
... See more
I've just bought a new computer which runs Office 2016, in which I've installed the latest version of Wordfast Classic.
Has anyone else got Office 2016 + WfC yet and is experiencing difficulties (or not)?
One issue I seem to be getting now is that 60% of the time the first (capital) letter in a sentence will fall outside the segmentation, so the segment will start with the second letter of a sentence and the first letter will be unsegmented. If I go back to the last segment and then back down to the new segment the issue resolves and the whole sentence is segmented.
Of course I can't be sure that this is to do with Office 2016 at all; it may be a glitch in my Wf installation or settings.
Does it ring any bells with anyone?
Thanks in advance!
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 07:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Just sayin'... Jan 18, 2016

Why anyone would "upgrade" to Office 2016 is beyond me. The 2010 version was more than versatile enough for my needs.
AFAIK, WFC doesn't work on the latest versions of Office, but don't take my word for it, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon with some decent advice

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 07:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Previous forum discussion Jan 19, 2016

As no one else seems to have responded, here's a link to previous discussion on the subject:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/294563-word_2016_wordfast_classic_pc.html

"Wordfast Classic works with Word 2016 for Windows, but not with Word 2016 for Mac (due to the way Microsoft implemented VBA in Office 2016 for Mac)."<
... See more
As no one else seems to have responded, here's a link to previous discussion on the subject:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/294563-word_2016_wordfast_classic_pc.html

"Wordfast Classic works with Word 2016 for Windows, but not with Word 2016 for Mac (due to the way Microsoft implemented VBA in Office 2016 for Mac)."

[Edited at 2016-01-19 08:46 GMT]
Collapse

momolja (X)
momolja (X)
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Helpful, thanks. Jan 19, 2016

neilmac wrote:

Why anyone would "upgrade" to Office 2016 is beyond me. The 2010 version was more than versatile enough for my needs.

Well, I was still running Office 2007, and why would I get Office 2010 when I needed a new version if 2016 is out?
I also have to say that I've discovered lots of really useful features in 2016 which I'm pleased about (although because I never had 2010 I don't know how many of those are new). You may be right and it may not be worth buying at this stage just for the sake of it, but that wasn't my situation.

In any case, from what other people are saying in the other thread my problems don't seem to be Word 2016 related. I have contacted Wf Support and will report back here.

momolja (X)
momolja (X)
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
WFC compatibility issues with Word 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Just as an update, I have been unable to resolve this issue and have now gone back to Word 2007, where everything works absolutely fine.

Unless something very odd happened somewhere in the deep workings of my computer, there is possibly an issue between Wordfast Classic and Office 2016 in Windows after all.

I'm in touch with Wordfast about this and will report back if I hear back from them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation issues in WfC - Office 2016

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »