chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:43
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 25, 2016

Hi experts,

I have WF Pro 3.4.5. Earlier, as and when a placeholder was missing in the target text, there was a warning and I used to insert the placeholders. But, I am experiencing from the last few days that there is no warning even if a placeholder is missing in target text and the next segment is simply opened for translation. I assume that some option has been activated inadvertently. I tried to find a solution but in vain. Could you please guide me in this respect?

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:13
English to Arabic
Select "Transcheck during translation" Jan 29, 2016

Dear Chopra,

Please go to Wordfast Pro > Edit menu > Preferences > TransCheck, and make sure that this option is checked: "Transcheck during translation". On the same dialogue, select "Tag"under "Configuration". Then, click "OK".

"Transcheck during translation" option makes Wordfast Pro warn you when you press Alt+Down while the current segment is missing whatever options you have selected for TransCheck such as placeholders (i.e. "Tag").

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:43
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your informative and detailed reply Jan 29, 2016

Dear Yasmin,

Thanks for explaining it in detail which has fixed the issue. I am thankful to you for always providing useful tips and solutions in respect of various WF Pro issues.

Regards,

Chopra

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Chopra,

Please go to Wordfast Pro > Edit menu > Preferences > TransCheck, and make sure that this option is checked: "Transcheck during translation". On the same dialogue, select "Tag"under "Configuration". Then, click "OK".

"Transcheck during translation" option makes Wordfast Pro warn you when you press Alt+Down while the current segment is missing whatever options you have selected for TransCheck such as placeholders (i.e. "Tag").

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Warning for missing placeholders in target text

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search