Thread poster: Ulrike G.
Ulrike G.
Ulrike G.  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:00
Member (2006)
English to German
Feb 10, 2016

Hi all,

I have used Wordfast on a Mac for a decade now and it is still my favorite CATtool. The newest version has a very short toolbar, which is largely ok with me as I only use a few commands on a regular basis anyway. BUT it has given me the idea of custimizing the toolbar to my personal preferences. Sadly, that failed, at least in part. I opened Setup, UI and marked TranslateUntilNoMatch - and it appeared on the toolbar.

Getting bolder, I felt that ForceSegment and
... See more
Hi all,

I have used Wordfast on a Mac for a decade now and it is still my favorite CATtool. The newest version has a very short toolbar, which is largely ok with me as I only use a few commands on a regular basis anyway. BUT it has given me the idea of custimizing the toolbar to my personal preferences. Sadly, that failed, at least in part. I opened Setup, UI and marked TranslateUntilNoMatch - and it appeared on the toolbar.

Getting bolder, I felt that ForceSegment and RestoreSegment, which I frequently use, would be good to have there as well - but I cannot even mark the box in front of the command. I know there are shortcut commands for these, but I do prefer the toolbar (I use quite a few different CATtools and other software and being the more visual type, I just keep mixing up the shortcuts).

So, is there a way of making customizing the toolbar in WordFast Classic to show lower order commands, in my case ForceSegment and RestoreSegment?

Any ideas and input will be much appreciated!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
Finnish to French
Not possible Feb 10, 2016

Ulrike Glaese wrote:
So, is there a way of making customizing the toolbar in WordFast Classic to show lower order commands, in my case ForceSegment and RestoreSegment?

No, I’m afraid you willl have to use the corresponding keyboard shortcuts, or access them via the Wordfast menu.

The UI tab will only let you hide/unhide toolbar icons that were designed to be included in the toolbar.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
Finnish to French
Possible via QAT in Windows Feb 10, 2016

Dominique Pivard wrote:
No, I’m afraid you willl have to use the corresponding keyboard shortcuts, or access them via the Wordfast menu.

The UI tab will only let you hide/unhide toolbar icons that were designed to be included in the toolbar.

What Windows users can do, however, is add the corresponding macro commands (e.g. Wordfast.M1.WfForceSegment) to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), like they would with any built-in Word command:

Since there’s no QAT in Word 2011, Mac users do not have this possibility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customize Toolbar WordFast Classic

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »