Cannot install Wordfast Classic, can anyone help?
Thread poster: ClaudiaMalitzki

ClaudiaMalitzki  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:07
English to German
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

Hello,

I am a first-time user of CAT tools and have just purchased Wordfast Classic. I have Windows 7 and Office 2007 by the way. I have downloaded the Wordfast.com file and saved it in the Start-up folder. When I double-click on the file, another word document opens which tells me to press ctrl + alt + w. When I did this, nothing happened. The Wordfast helpline could not help either. Has anyone had this problem before?

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Should be no problem Mar 15, 2016

You should have no problem installing WF Classic with Windows 7 and Office 2007 - I use W7 and Office 2010 now and don't recall having any issues. Have you made sure that your security and/or antivirus settings allow installation of programs and macros, etc? As far as I can recall, you need to enable macros.

PS: However, I just found this on Google, which apparently says you need to disable micros (although I didn’t take time to read it in detail). Check it out:

https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Installing_WFC_(MS_Word_2007_for_Windows)

[Edited at 2016-03-15 10:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-15 10:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot install Wordfast Classic, can anyone help?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search