Wordfast Pro 4 Preview license expiring
Thread poster: John Di Rico

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
French to English
Apr 25, 2016

Dear Users,

Many of you have downloaded and been using Wordfast Pro 4 since we released the free preview in September. We are getting ready to officially release (tomorrow if all goes well!) and we thank you for your patience.
We are still resolving some licensing issues, namely so you can generate a license via your user account at wordfast.net if you already own a Wordfast Pro or Wordfast Studio license. If we can't get this sorted out, don't worry! We will send all current Wordfast Pro or Studio license owners a key one way or the other.

Kind regards,

John Di Rico
Manager, Marketing & Sales
www.wordfast.com


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Carola Lange  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:24
Member (2013)
German to English
Productivity issue in Wordfast 4 May 8, 2016

Hi - I've just downloaded and installed Wordfast 4, having used Wordfast 3 Pro successfully for a year - compared to the previous versions I'm finding it frustratingly slow though - I miss the feature where I can add terms to glossary simply by right-clicking and then following the menu options from the target segment, I seem to need to have to switch menus which slows me down massively. This version also appears to hang frequently and be really slow switching between segments compared to version 3. Am I doing something wrong? Can you suggest anything to speed up progress?

thanks
Carola


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:24
Member (2011)
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Why don't you first of all... May 9, 2016

...take care of the thousands of problems in Wordfast Pro 3 instead of launching a new version with such glory?

Is there no support at all? Look at all of those unanswered questions!

Your Manual is from 2003 and says very little about the endless problems arising in the workflow.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a money-back-guarantee for that tool?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
There's a time-unlimited demo May 10, 2016

Patrick Wahl wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if there is a money-back-guarantee for that tool?


There's a time-unlimited demo, so you have all the time you need to determine whether it's worth buying before you buy it. The demo is limited to 500 TM-segments per project.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:24
English to Romanian
+ ...
support May 10, 2016

Patrick Wahl wrote:
Is there no support at all? Look at all of those unanswered questions!


Have you contacted the official support?
This is just a user forum.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Speeding up and terminology May 10, 2016

Carola Lange wrote:

Hi - I've just downloaded and installed Wordfast 4, having used Wordfast 3 Pro successfully for a year - compared to the previous versions I'm finding it frustratingly slow though - I miss the feature where I can add terms to glossary simply by right-clicking and then following the menu options from the target segment, I seem to need to have to switch menus which slows me down massively. This version also appears to hang frequently and be really slow switching between segments compared to version 3. Am I doing something wrong? Can you suggest anything to speed up progress?

thanks
Carola


Dear Carola,

Where are you saving projects, TMs and glossaries? I had a problem when saving them to Google Drive and working on very large files. GD was constantly synchronizing files after each segment which was eating up a lot of memory. Shutting down instantaneous synchronization solved that. If using DropBox, you'll likely experience the same problem.

To add terms, why are you switching menus? You highlight source and/or target or nothing at all and click on the "Add term" icon in the glossary pane. Even better, use the shortcut keys.


Kind regards,

John


Direct link Reply with quote
 

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:24
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problems, manuals and refunds May 10, 2016

Patrick Wahl wrote:

...take care of the thousands of problems in Wordfast Pro 3 instead of launching a new version with such glory?

Is there no support at all? Look at all of those unanswered questions!

Your Manual is from 2003 and says very little about the endless problems arising in the workflow.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a money-back-guarantee for that tool?


Dear Patrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with Wordfast Pro 3 and have unanswered questions.

We would be happy to hear what your problems are as this provides us with user stories to improve our tools or add new features.

As for the manual, please see the following page for the most recent manuals: http://wordfast.com/Support_Documentation
The online help manual is the most up-to-date.

Unfortunately, we do not have a money-back guarantee. Our very short, plain-English end-user license agreement clearly states:
"Wordfast LLC offers a generous demo mode, which enables you to try the software on your system and make sure you are satisfied with it prior to purchase. As such, Wordfast licenses are non-refundable."
In reality, we cannot take back a license once it has been sold which is why we encourage people to try before they buy.

We are happy that people who have been using other CAT tools and want to try WFP4 can now get a fully-functional 30-day trial license for WFP4. This allows them to try the software with TMs that exceed 500 translation units.

Thanks in advance for telling us more about your problems and unanswered questions!

John Di Rico
Wordfast
Manager, Sales and Marketing
www.wordfast.com


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Carola Lange  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:24
Member (2013)
German to English
thanks Jun 30, 2016

Thanks John - will try and use your hint for adding terms - that's the thing I found most frustrating. I usually work offline and save TMs to my local hard drive.

Luckily I have not had to use version 4 since the one frustrating experience where one agency insisted on using this version.

I'm now happily back to using version 3

all the best
Carola

John Di Rico wrote:

Carola Lange wrote:

Hi - I've just downloaded and installed Wordfast 4, having used Wordfast 3 Pro successfully for a year - compared to the previous versions I'm finding it frustratingly slow though - I miss the feature where I can add terms to glossary simply by right-clicking and then following the menu options from the target segment, I seem to need to have to switch menus which slows me down massively. This version also appears to hang frequently and be really slow switching between segments compared to version 3. Am I doing something wrong? Can you suggest anything to speed up progress?

thanks
Carola


Dear Carola,

Where are you saving projects, TMs and glossaries? I had a problem when saving them to Google Drive and working on very large files. GD was constantly synchronizing files after each segment which was eating up a lot of memory. Shutting down instantaneous synchronization solved that. If using DropBox, you'll likely experience the same problem.

To add terms, why are you switching menus? You highlight source and/or target or nothing at all and click on the "Add term" icon in the glossary pane. Even better, use the shortcut keys.


Kind regards,

John


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 4 Preview license expiring

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search