https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/30324-tm_edition_fuzzy_match_segments.html

TM edition -Fuzzy match segments
Thread poster: Lydia Foster
Lydia Foster
Lydia Foster  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2005

Hi all,

Just a question that I was wondering about.. I'm currently translating a users manual in which many segments are repeated. However since the source text has been written by various people, a sentence can vary slightly in the structure.

Wordfast (version 5.0) has no problems recognising it as a fuzzy match and enters it in the TM. But what I'm wondering is, do all of the variations of the segment have to be entered into the TM or will one segment suffice (giving
... See more
Hi all,

Just a question that I was wondering about.. I'm currently translating a users manual in which many segments are repeated. However since the source text has been written by various people, a sentence can vary slightly in the structure.

Wordfast (version 5.0) has no problems recognising it as a fuzzy match and enters it in the TM. But what I'm wondering is, do all of the variations of the segment have to be entered into the TM or will one segment suffice (giving fuzzy matches later)? If they should be entered, does this not create a extremely large TM?

An example taken from one of TMs (I'm currently trying to merge 16 TM created for 16 different chapters of the manual)

Código (o códigos, mediante selección múltiple) de canal que marcan el intervalo cuya información desea obtener.

Código (o códigos, mediante selección múltiple) de cliente que marcan el intervalo cuya información desea obtener.

As you can see the segment varies only by one word but it's still reckonised as only a fuzzy match.

Is there any quick way of editing a TM rather than having to delete each entry (if the case) manually?

Thanks
Lydia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM edition -Fuzzy match segments

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »