Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2005

Hi everyone again,

I am translating a .doc file. There is nothing that I could have identified as potentially problematic: tables, text boxes... Just text.

However, Wordfast has declared several times the translation as finished, and furthermore, Word has crashed already twice.

I had a similar problem before with a .doc file in which the text was contained in tables, and once I exported the text from the tables into another document, everything worked flawl
... See more
Hi everyone again,

I am translating a .doc file. There is nothing that I could have identified as potentially problematic: tables, text boxes... Just text.

However, Wordfast has declared several times the translation as finished, and furthermore, Word has crashed already twice.

I had a similar problem before with a .doc file in which the text was contained in tables, and once I exported the text from the tables into another document, everything worked flawlessly.

Well, now I can't explain what is wrong with the file and how to deal with it.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Estefanía
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:34
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Save as text or rtf and load again Mar 13, 2005

If there is no special formatting you could try to save the doc as txt or rtf. Once I rescued a job like that which crashed my machine.
Regards
Heinrich

Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx! Mar 13, 2005

Thanx a lot Heinrich.

I finished the translation already , well...after several crahes;)

I will keep your piece of advice preciously for next time.

Have a good Sunday!

Estefanía

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word is crashing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »