Thread poster: Tania Samsonova

Tania Samsonova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:08
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 10, 2016

Specifically the keyboard shortcut for inserting a glossary term. The term is visible in the glossary window and highlighted in the source, but when I press Ctrl+Alt+0 which is the standard shortcut for inserting glossary terms according to all help articles, nothing happens. I press it until I am blue in the face - nothing! I thought that maybe this action results in just copying the term to clipboard and I must use Ctrl+V thereafter to insert it in the target segment, but this did not work either.
Please help.

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:08
Member (2006)
French to English
Check in preferences Jul 11, 2016

Hi Tania,

I'm not sure what the default is set to, but you can check in your preferences under Shortcuts. On Mac, it looks like it is Cmd+0.
In any event, I never use it but instead rely on auto-suggest (type the first letter of the target or source, then press enter or eventually select term with arrow keys if more than one proposal and press enter).

If you want to use a shortcut key, try reassigning it.

Kind regards,

John

Tania Samsonova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:08
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 14, 2016

Thanks John, I will surely try this.
It is strange that something described in the documentation as standard setup, in fact, isn't...

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:08
Member (2006)
French to English
Different keybaords Jul 15, 2016

Tania Samsonova wrote:

Thanks John, I will surely try this.
It is strange that something described in the documentation as standard setup, in fact, isn't...

Thanks Tania,

Not sure but sometimes problems arise because of different physical keyboard layouts combined with virtual layouts depending on the language.

In any event, I'll notify developers about the discrepancy.

Kind regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Standard keyboard shortcuts do not work in Wordfast Pro 4

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search